June 24, 2008
House Full of Boxes
The packers finished boxing everything up. I finished putting numbers on all the boxes so we'll know where to have them laid in the new house. It looks pretty boxy around here. But hey, we still have wireless internet - I asked them to leave it until the last minute on Thursday, so that I can keep telling you how boxy it looks.
They overestimated by a day, so tomorrow nothing will happen, and Thursday it will all be loaded onto a truck and driven to Switzerland, either by ferry or chunnel. They couldn't move up the loading day because the vehicle is not available beforehand.
Why I am not using the unexpectedly empty day tomorrow to make the visit to Bath that we never got around to:
1. David has to work.
2. The kids don't want to go.
3. It's two hours' drive each way.
4. We have appointments to get our 2nd round of TBE vaccinations (all four of us).
5. Jason might get to visit his friend who is just home from hospital having had his leg broken by a motorbike that was speeding and flipped over a car to hit him as he was walking.
6. I could use a rest day. Been fighting seasonal allergies that have been clogging me up and threatening to cause an infection. Slightly blocked ears, nasal/sinus stuff. What's wonderful is that God has sustained me through each very busy day, and I am only very tired in the mornings and evenings - during the day I am just fine and don't even remember that I am a little bit sick. I feel good right now, for example.
But I did momentarily think about seeing Bath.
I'm really thankful that Emily got to play at a friend's house today for 9 hours! Wow! I dropped her off there at 10am and they are bringing her back to our hotel in time for dinner. That is a big blessing on a boring move day. Jason's been enjoying watching movies and playing computer games and chatting with his injured friend online. I got to have a lovely lunch date with Jason, too.
This afternoon I walked across the street to my Belgian neighbour's house and gave her my basil and thyme plants (they smell so good), two little bags of organic hazelnuts, and a can of WD-40. Anyone know a recipe for those ingredients? I had already given the no-no cleaning products to our cleaning lady last week on her last visit, so that was all that was left that we couldn't bring (that I hadn't already gotten rid of, anyway).
We are definitely moving!
June 24, 2008 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference House Full of Boxes:
How about just relaxing?! Just a thought! Wish I could lend you my hammock! You can swing in it at Gweel-ar-Moor! Mom, who prays for traveling mercies all around!
Posted by: Patricia | Jun 24, 2008 6:34:39 PM