June 19, 2008
Reminiscent of October
It's June 19th.
I'm wearing jeans and a warm, fuzzy sweater over my T-shirt.
The chilly wind is blowing the trees around.
I'm very comfortable. It's easy to sleep at night.
There's something to be said for England's climate when the alternative is 100 degrees (38 C) and the need for artificial air conditioning. The high here yesterday was 64 F (18 C). Not exactly summery, but perfectly comfortable if you like sweaters.
In other notes, the moving company descends tomorrow. Either I'm missing something big or the Lord is just being extra-super gracious, because I am feeling very calm. It is true that they won't do too much tomorrow (maybe the garage, living room, dining room, playroom, guest room?), and we have the weekend to ourselves in the house with our bedrooms, bathrooms, office, and kitchen intact, so maybe it'll be Sunday night that I get into more of a moving mode. Or maybe it'll be calm all the way, who knows. It's also true that after the moving van takes away all our stuff, we are going on a week of vacation, so maybe that's calming me too.
- cancelled a UK credit card we won't need
- asked for medical/dental records from various offices
- filed papers
- read the rental inventory to make sure the packers don't take anything that belongs to this house and we put everything back where it belongs
- went to the school to see Emily play in a guitar duet in her classroom with a friend
- cleaned off my desk
- enjoyed some final conversations with friends here
Today is the kids' final full day at school. One more half-day tomorrow and they are out for the summer.
June 19, 2008 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Reminiscent of October: