October 21, 2008
Momentous Day: birthday & driver's licenses
Today is a day full of significant and unusual events:
- we've been parents for 14 years
- we got our Swiss driver's licenses in the mail and we now are holders of valid licenses from three different countries
- I met with my wonderful new prayer partner for the first time
- our son left on a field trip for his first time being away from us on his birthday
- the birthday packages sent by BOTH grandmothers arrived perfectly on time today for his birthday...but he's not here to find out :-( We forgot to let them know about his trip in time. At least they got to talk to him last night when we realized they would want to know he'd be gone. Kudos to you grandmothers, for remembering Jason and getting birthday packages to him right on the dot...
- I got my car back after driving a loaner white Toyota Prius for a day, and, although I thoroughly enjoyed the Prius, was soooo happy to be back in my own car, minus the dent in the fender (thank you, insurance company of the lady who hit me while I was parked a few weeks ago!). The Prius was automatic, and even though that's obviously easier, I actually really enjoy driving my manual car. It's more fun. Also I like my sun visors better (bigger), and my rear windshield (not split in two). And the dashboard (less weird, but that's just because I'm used to it, I know). So anyway, I'm extra thankful for my car (a light silverly blue Toyota Corolla Verso).
- I ordered my first ever ski rack for a car. We are getting ready to do some serious skiing this winter, now that we live near the Alps! They say it'll be ready to pick up tomorrow.
- We're taking a behind-the-scenes tour of the Zurich opera house with a big group from my husband's office, in preparation for an upcoming actual attendance of a performance. Off to do that!
October 21, 2008 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Momentous Day: birthday & driver's licenses:
Thanks for sharing your wonderful life with us. Just back from dinner with our neighbors, Mina and Saul. It is a gorgeous starlit night, clear and cold, with a frost predicted. Sorry about that, my roses and geraniums so fully in bloom right now. Love to all, and prayers for Jason to enjoy! Glad the gifts arrived on time. Love to all, Mom/Grandma
Posted by: Patricia | Oct 23, 2008 4:07:21 AM