February 26, 2009
20 Movie Quotes: Guess the Movie
A bunch of my friends/family on Facebook had fun with this meme of guessing movie titles from quotes from 20 of my favorite movies. So I am posting it again here - but if you already participated on my Facebook note, you're not eligible here. This is for my blog readers who have not seen my note on Facebook about this (and thus seen the answers in the comments).
1. Pick 20 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly.
5. NO cheating by looking things up, if you don't know any of them then that's just too bad.
6. You don't have to be tagged in this to play - post your guesses in the comments.
I feel thin...stretched...like butter spread over too much bread. (Identified by Sherry)
2. Meet the greatest actor in the world! I'd rather kiss a tarantula.
3. Normal? What do *you* know about normal? What does *anyone* in *this* family know about normal?
An avalanche is coming, and I do not feel prepared. (identified by David my beloved; quote corrected by Emily, see the Singing Goat
5. What am I doing? She's not in the refrigerator.
Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's
perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank
you. How are you? (Identified by Sherry)
So this is your opinion of me. Thank you for explaining so fully.
Perhaps these offences might have be overlooked had not your pride been
hurt by my honesty... (Identified by Jennifer)
8. - Why can't we sit down like adults and patch this thing up?
- I'm afraid that might become a habit. Then we'd wind up with a patchwork quilt for a marriage.
What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think
you are, know you are. Come on. Stop trying to hit me and hit me. (identified by David my beloved)
I have not passed through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm. (Identified by Sherry)
Farm boy, polish my horse's saddle. I want to see my face shining in it by morning. (Identified by Sherry)
Looking? Found someone, you have, I would say, hmmm? (identified by Sherry on her 2nd guess)
- You take care of this car? (identified by David my beloved)
- What do you mean?
- Tires felt a little splashy on the way over here.
Hey look, mister - we serve hard drinks in here for men who want to get drunk fast. (Identified by Sherry)
- Boris and Doris? (identified by David my beloved)
- Go ahead.
16. Please don't interrupt me when I'm asking rhetorical questions.
At least once more, Miss Swann, as always. (identified by David my beloved)
But, if I don't call in a 98-mile-an-hour fastball, I'm gonna
get fired! I'm just saying there's a chance you might get a call on
this. (identified by David my beloved)
19. I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur, I see a big bright blur.
20. Certainty of death; small chance of success; what are we waiting for?
February 26, 2009 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference 20 Movie Quotes: Guess the Movie:
#7: Pride and Prejudice. Loved that book and the movies and the mini-series. Love it!
Posted by: Knighton | Feb 26, 2009 6:54:12 PM
I got numbers 1, 4, 6, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 17 right away, and maybe 18. However, I might have an unfair advantage given a few years of experience with your favorite movies, so I hesitate to name them. Let me know if I should!
Posted by: David | Feb 27, 2009 12:16:21 PM
1. Fellowship of the RIng
6. Star Wars
10. The Two Towers
11. The Princess Bride
12. The Return of the King
14. It's a Wonderful Life
I got the easy ones. The rest are not familiar.
Posted by: Sherry Early | Mar 12, 2009 12:57:41 AM
Hi Sherry - thanks for playing - but #12 is not The Return of the King. Try again?
Posted by: Katherine | Mar 16, 2009 6:00:24 PM
Oh, yes. #12 The Empire Strikes Back?
Posted by: Sherry Early | Mar 16, 2009 7:05:06 PM
Right you are this time, Sherry.
Posted by: Katherine | Mar 18, 2009 1:01:30 PM
9: The Matrix (first one)
13: The Bourne whatever-it-was (the 1st movie. Or 2nd? Hmm.)
15: True Lies
17: Pirates of the Caribbean
18: The Rookie?
Posted by: David | Mar 18, 2009 2:01:52 PM
Yes, David, on all counts...I'm giving #13 to you, even though you were missing the word "Identity" - because it was indeed the 1st movie, and you got 2/3 of the words right :-) And Yes on the Rookie as well. Good for you!
Posted by: Katherine | Mar 18, 2009 2:18:32 PM