I really enjoyed praying with other ladies from our international church this morning, over the week's scripture readings.
Two of the interesting things that came up:
In Genesis a rhetorical question was asked:
Is anything too hard for the Lord?
And later in the week's readings, an definite answer was given, in Matthew:
With God all things are possible.
I love seeing the unity of the Bible, written over so many hundred years.
Another cool thing: one lady brought up the fact that in 1 Corinthians chapter 1, Jesus' name is mentioned TEN times in the first TEN verses! Wow, I had never noticed that, and indeed it shows just what the central topic is!
1. an apostle of Christ Jesus
2. sanctified in Christ Jesus
3. call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ
4. Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ
5. His grace given you in Christ Jesus
6. our testimony about Christ
7. eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ
8. the day of our Lord Jesus Christ
9. fellowship with His son Jesus Christ our Lord
10. the name of our Lord Jesus Christ
Having recently read The Shack (by William P. Young, currently #1 sales rank on Amazon), this verse stood out as a wonderful thing:
God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.
1 Corinthians 1:9
What a fellowship it is!