June 27, 2013
Testing out posting on my blog by sending an email
I used to use Posterous to blog before they shut down. I liked just being able to send an email to a memorable address (email@example.com was pretty easy to remember -- see, I still remember it).
Typepad also now has a feature to be able to post by email, but each person has their own "secret" address they have to send to -- NOT memorable in the least. It's 16 random characters before the @, a mixture of numbers and letters. Oh well, I'm thankful for my address book which will remember it for me.
Anyway, I'm just checking out this feature with this post.
I think it said it doesn't keep the formatting, sadly. So that means this will not turn out bold, italic, red, blue, green, yellow, pink and purple like I am seeing it now in my email application, more's the pity.
However, you are supposed to be able to send photos, like this flower in my garden two days ago, and this cake I made last week (I never get tired of looking at purple flowers and chocolate cake, I don't know about you, but they seemed like ideal test photos):
June 26, 2013
Thoughts during Swiss-German Zumba dance exercise class today (my fourth one ever):
1. Can I make this water bottle last to the end of class?
2. A Swiss cultural thing: we open the doors between each song to let in cool air from outside, and close them during the songs so as not to disturb anyone outside with the loud dance music. Even though we're between a forested river and a busy road & train track and open field. I see how I grew up not wanting to bother anyone. It has stuck with me.
3. I can see the trees at the top of the Albis mountain from the window. Lovely.
4. Sort of a shame in this situation that I understand Spanish and German. I'd rather not know what the Zumba song lyrics are saying, since the Spanish-language ones seem to be mostly about lust & and the German-language one today sounded to be mostly about bribery. I'd rather hear about faithfulness and honor and honesty, personally.
5. Was that left hand, right leg, or right arm, right leg, wait she's already three steps farther on... just give me eight more classes to pick up some of this stuff...