Hey there -
it's been a very good day today so far:
- Emily got on the bus to her school for the first time (David stayed home long enough to make sure that went well).
- I drove Jason to a bus stop partway to his school, and he found some acquaintances from his school getting on at the same place, which was great.
- I got Jason a monthly travel card good for all the buses and trains in the little Kanton of Zug and between Zug and Zürich, and in the city of Zürich and our area of the Kanton of Zürich (it's much bigger than Zug). And I did the whole transaction in German (a broken form, but German nonetheless - the kind ticket salesman gently corrected at least one of my wayward articles which should have been in the dative but for which I used the nominative...). This travel card will greatly relieve the stress of having to buy tickets before the vehicle leaves, figuring out which kind would be best, and having to leave extra time for that. We live in Kanton Zürich, and the kids' school are in Kanton Zug.
- Our four Swiss "B Permits" were handed to us by the Gemeinde (Town Hall) this morning with a smile...this means we can live in the country for a year, AND we can also now leave the country without worrying about getting back in legally...very helpful as David will have a business trip coming up.
- An electrician fixed our master bedroom's little overhead spotlights (we have a tall ceiling), which haven't worked for weeks.
- We were assigned a new advisor for our health insurance, who explained to me (in pretty good English) how everything works. We have to send in bills with stickers stuck to them, no forms to fill out, yay - she's fixing a mistake in my name, changing our official language preference to French (phew, I will understand more of the insurance-ese in French hopefully), and sending us the required little stickers.
Later the piano tuner comes...onwards with the day!
P.S. try out this really cool optical illusion sent to me by my friend KFB.